By Julian Style

AFC Wimbledon dropped back into the League Two relegation places despite another two goals from loanee striker Paul McCallum.

On a weekend where all four teams surrounding the Dons at the foot of the table won, McCallum's double in a 2-2 draw against Wycombe Wanderes at Kingsmeadow was not enough to prevent Wimbledon dropping a place.

Neal Ardley's have only mustered two league wins at Kingsmeadow this season and they started off on the backfoot as, after eight minutes, Wycombe’s Jo Kuffour's turn and shot took a wicked deflection off Will Antwi’s leg and found the back of the net.

However, for the next hour the 4,500 fans that turned out, got right behind their team and witnessed a long period of Wimbledon dominance led by the untouchable West Ham loanee McCallum. 

Seven minutes after falling behind, the Dons new boy Peter Sweeney whipped in a corner that was not cleared properly, and it fell to the grateful McCallum who smashed the ball on the half volley past the motionless keeper for the equaliser.

It was not long after when again McCallum nearly got the crowd cheering again - Luke Moore picked the ball up on the left hand side, turned the Wycombe defender inside out and fired in a dangerous low ball.

McCallum got ahead of his marker and flicked the ball with the outside of his right foot and it cannoned back off the upright.

The striker almost had another when a long ball forward from Curtis Osano caused confusion between at the back and  McCallum pounced to round the keeper - however he could only find the side netting.

McCallum finally got the second goal, his fourth in three games, just before half time.

Stacy Long found the hitman who took one touch with his right foot to turn the defender, then a second touch with his left to drill a low and hard shot past Jordan Archer.

After the break, Ardley’s men continured where they left off and they peppered shots in from left, right and centre.

Most notably, McCallum was denied the hat-trick when his goal bound header off Jonathan Meades's cross was saved at point blank range by Archer.

With 15 minutes to go, Wycombe found an unlikely equaliser when a freekick sent into the box was not dealt with by Meades and substitute Matt McClure darted in and poked the ball low beyond Neil Sullivan.

There was to be no more excitement, but the Dons are now three League games unbeaten and they take the record to fellow strugglers Accrington Stanley this weekend.

In the meantime, Dons host Horley Town on Tuesday in the Surrey Senior Cup.