A fire in the early hours of this morning has gutted a first floor flat.
Firefighters from four stations were called to the blaze in the King Street parade in Twickenham at 2.45am.
Crews used one hose reel and one jet to fight the fire, but the first-floor studio flat was “100 per cent damaged”, according to a spokeswoman for the London Fire Brigade.
Eleven people had escaped the building – a shop and a flat, together spread across three floors – before crews arrived.
All people within the building at the time are now accounted for, and one person was treated for shock after the fire.
Are you in the area? Get in touch at email@example.com or on 020 8722 6483