Tealight fire guts Richmond bedroom in fire at flat without alarm

Richmond and Twickenham Times: Fire: Totally destroyed a bedroom Fire: Totally destroyed a bedroom

Tealight candles caused a fire, leaving a bedroom destroyed, in a Richmond home at the weekend.

Firefighters were called to Castlegate at about 6pm on Saturday.

Nobody was hurt but the fire "gutted" the rear bedroom and caused smoke damage throughout the property.

Tony Gurnham, a firefighter at Richmond fire station, said the home was not fitted with a smoke alarm at the time.

Comments

Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree