A murder investigation has been launched after a man was stabbed in a tapas bar in Mortlake.
A 36-year-old man from Clapham was arrested at the scene, initially on suspicion of attempted murder, and taken into custody at south-west London police station.
He was later further arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in police custody.
The arrest follows the death of a 49-year-old man, who was stabbed in the Tapestry, Lower Richmond Road, shortly before 9pm yesterday, April 22.
He was taken to St George’s Hospital where he died at 2.20am today, April 23.
The victim, who was a regular customer at the restaurant, has not been formally identified but has been named locally as James.
A postmortem examination is set to take place in the coming days.
Detectives from the homicide and major crime command are investigating and incident room has opened at Putney.
Anyone that could assist police can call the incident room on 020 8785 8963 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Celebrate Eel Pie Club's 15th anniversary in style
- BalletBoyz bringing powerful show the Talent to Richmond Theatre
- Bridge and pontoon river plans divide opinion
- Parties lining up for Twickenham Green hustings
- Selfies and shouting as Boris Johnson lends support to Tania Mathias