The Thames came up onto the roads along Twickenhame Riverside with little or no warning this afternoon and caught many motorists out.
People were wading from the end of Eel Pie Island bridge to the road to move their cars and even people in the cafe overlooking the thames were getting wet moving their cars.
The water had come up so rapidly they had not had noticed it before it was up to the wheel nuts on some cars.
Closer to the bridge others were not so lucky.
Based on information supplied by Chris Backhouse on Sunday afternoon, March 2.
Would you like to share pictures with our readers? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4260 or use our upload form.
- What's On: 10 reasons to go out this week in south London
- 'Chaos' when people walk six dogs at a time, according to Ham residents' group
- Teddington dad tackling half marathon in honour of late father
- Richmond's GCSE results: The round up
- On thin ice: Accusations of mismanagement at Richmond Rink which left financial 'black hole' for community project