The Thames came up onto the roads along Twickenhame Riverside with little or no warning this afternoon and caught many motorists out.
People were wading from the end of Eel Pie Island bridge to the road to move their cars and even people in the cafe overlooking the thames were getting wet moving their cars.
The water had come up so rapidly they had not had noticed it before it was up to the wheel nuts on some cars.
Closer to the bridge others were not so lucky.
Based on information supplied by Chris Backhouse on Sunday afternoon, March 2.
Would you like to share pictures with our readers? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4260 or use our upload form.
- Council sparks massive child abduction scare after reporting own council workers to police
- Fears for 200 jobs as Serco announces closure of Richmond office
- Barnes schoolgirl sings her way to Denmark's Got Talent semi final
- Development at Kempton Park would place "huge strain" on Hampton's roads
- Pink proms event raises £300 for LGBT support groups