Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4260
Teddington family homeless after escaping kitchen fire
A family have been left temporarily homeless after escaping a fire which began in their kitchen.
Fire fighters were called to a bungalow on Victor Road in Teddington at 6.50pm and the fire was under control by 8.05pm on Friday, October 11.
Two adults and one two-year-old child escaped the flames before fire fighters arrived after being alerted to the danger by their smoke alarm.
Firefighters said the fire originated from a fat fryer and that no one was injured.
Watch Manager Hansen, of Twickenham Fire station, stressed what an important role smoke alarms play in saving lives.
He said: “We also cannot emphasise enough if people are cooking in the kitchen, do not leave it unattended at any time.”
Did you see what happened or do you know the family? Get in touch with the newsdesk on 020 8744 4272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments are closed on this article.