Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4260
Woman rescued from Twickenham flat fire
9:47am Tuesday 19th March 2013 in News
An elderly woman was rescued by Twickenham firefighters last night, after a fire broke out in her flat.
The 79-year-old was treated for smoke inhalation on the scene at Simba Court, off Lion Road in Twickenham, by the London Ambulance Service, who gave her the all clear.
One engine from Twickenham and one from Heston attended at 10.46pm and there was smoke damage in the kitchen.
Green watch manager Noel Hanson said: “We found that the smoke detector within the property wasn’t working.
“We want to highlight the importance for members of the public to have a working smoke alarm and to test it weekly.
“The London Fire Brigade will do a home fire safety check and we fit smoke alarms.
“The lady wasn’t taken to hospital but was given the all clear by the ambulance on the scene.”