Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4260
VIDEO: Brickfilm maker Harry Bossert recreates 2012's top ten moments in Lego
3:18pm Thursday 10th January 2013 in News
A young film-maker has been building on the successes of 2012 - with Lego.
Brickfilm maker Harry Bossert, from Walton-on-Thames has recreated the top ten moments of last year with figurines made out of the plastic blocks.
The 18-year-old, who studies drama at the Brit School in Croydon, used a combination of bricks and minifigures to build mock-ups of the events, which were voted for by the public.
HRH The Queen jumping out a helicopter with James Bond at the Olympic opening ceremony was voted as the most memorable moment with nearly a quarter of the votes.
Mo Farah’s infamous Mobot dance after his gold medal winning performance at the Olympics came second with one in ten claiming it was their top moment of 2012.
Coming a close third was daredevil skydiver, Felix Baumgartner’s, free-fall from space followed by Andy Murray’s momentous victory over Roger Federer in the Olympics men’s singles final at Wimbledon and first grand slam win at the US Open.
Young Mr Bossert has been producing Lego videos since the age of 12 after seeing a lego video on YouTube in 2007.
His version of Parry Gripp’s Megaphone was shown at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival 2011.
The top 10
- The film, Happy and Glorious, in which HRH The Queen meets James Bond and arrives at the Olympic Opening Ceremony via helicopter
- Mo Farah doing his iconic Mobot dance after his gold medal winning performance at the Olympics
- Daredevil skydiver, Felix Baumgartner’s free-fall from space during which he broke the sound barrier
- Andy Murray claiming victory over Roger Federer in the Olympics men’s singles final at Wimbledon and winning his first Grand Slam, the US Open
- Bradley Wiggins winning the Tour de France
- The flotilla on the River Thames for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee
- Usain Bolt’s record-breaking 100 metre win at the Olympics
- The Diamond Jubilee concert at Buckingham Palace
- The Gangnam Style dance
- James Bond movie, Skyfall
Comments are closed on this article.