The judicial review into the decision made over Twickenham station will be heard in December.
The battle between Richmond Council and Twickenham Residents Action Group (Trag), who have brought the case against the authority, will continue at the High Court on December 13 and 14.
Trag was granted the judicial review after claiming the council had not properly considered all the options for the station, gone against its own planning policy and ignored public opinion.
A Trag spokesman said: “An empathetic council would immediately recognise its error by responding to the overwhelming desire of its constituency members by remedying the democratic deficit and giving them the station they clearly want.
“Not so the Richmond Council; forget democracy, they are just hoping that they have done nothing illegal.”
Facing legal costs of £35,000, the group is asking the public for donations to raise the cash in a month.
A Trag spokesman said: “Not surprisingly, the local Twickenham community is very angry at having to dig even deeper into its communal pocket to force the council to take note and respond.”
Leader of the council, Lord True, said previously: “The council has full confidence in the correctness of its planning procedures.”
Trag will hold a public meeting on Tuesday, November 20, at 8pm in St Mary’s Parish Church Hall.
The group’s solicitor will be there to explain the judicial review process and to answer questions.
For information on how to donate, visit trag-sos.co.uk.